Udinese defender Mehdi Benatia: Samir Nasri wants me to join Arsenal

http://www.espacefoot.net/images/benatia.jpg

Udinese’s versatile defender Mehdi Benatia has claimed Arsenal’s Samir Nasri wants him to join the Gunners.
The two players remain friends after spending time at Marseille, however, Benatia never made the grade at the Stade Velodrome, and after loan spells at Tours and Lorient respectively, the Moroccan international joined Clermont Foot before switching to Udinese in Serie A for free last summer.

The defender, who was born in France, hasn’t looked out of his depth in Serie A as could have been expected after making the jump from France’s Ligue 2 and despite Nasri’s pleasing comments, he is no rush to leave Italy, paying little attention to any rumours.

Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport, the Clairefontaine graduate said: “He [Nasri] wants [me] to do it.
When I was in France, at a small club, he said to me: 'I am going to talk to Arsene Wenger'. I told him that he was crazy. Now he is even more decisive.

"We're great friends. We got to know each other in Marseille. We shared a room.
“I like Serie A. I am very happy here and my wife Cecile is too. We live in the city centre. I'd like to have a great career in Udine.

"Getting into the Europa League would be great. The Champions League is difficult even if there is quality at this club."

0 comments:

Post a Comment