Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny reveals he is still training despite injured hand

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01162/WojciechSzczesny_1_1162451a.jpg

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has revealed the injury he sustained against Barcelona in the Champions League has not stopped him putting in the hours on the training pitch.

The Polish 'keeper has been sidelined for two weeks and faces a minimum of two more weeks in a splint after rupturing tendons in his left hand.

Manager Arsene Wenger last week stated that he expected the 20-year-old to miss six weeks of action.

The injury prevents him from taking part in a normal goalkeeping routine, but Szczesny is using the time to work on other areas of his game that will improve him in the long-term.

"I work in the gym everyday, working on my lower body and my distribution as well which will be very good for me," he told the club's website. "I'm not getting bored, I can still do a lot of stuff.

"There's nothing you can do when it happens - you have to move on, work hard on your fitness and make sure you come back stronger than ever.

"There's not a lot of joint damage, the tendon is ruptured. So basically I have to keep my finger in a splint for four weeks and let the tendon heal. From then it will be a couple of weeks before I can be back in the squad.

"It's very hard, especially at a time when it was going well for me. We have got some big games coming up."

0 comments:

Post a Comment