Arsene Wenger confirms Denilson is set to return to Brazil on loan


Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Denilson is set to go back on loan to Brazil.

The 23-year-old joined the Gunners in 2006 from Sao Paulo, but revealed in May that he wanted to leave due to the club's lack of silverware.

There has since been reports of Denilson making a move back to former club Sao Paulo, and the Gunners have now confirmed that he is set to leave on loan.

"Denilson is likely to leave to go to Brazil on loan," Wenger said.

The midfielder admitted that he feels a certain degree of "sadness" to leave the club, and wished his team-mates the best of luck for the upcoming campaign.

"I will be playing in Brazil next season as I felt that this is a good opportunity for me to play regular first-team football," Denilson told the club's official website.

"I move away with sadness because I have so many friends at Arsenal and everyone has always been so supportive towards me.

"I want to say thank you to the club, and of course, also a big thank you to all the Arsenal fans who are very special.

"I'm now focused on doing well in Brazil next season, but will always be looking out for the Arsenal results. It is a great club with many great players, a good team spirit and a top-class manager. I wish you well for next season."

0 comments:

Post a Comment