Jens Lehmann hints at extended stay with Arsenal

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2011/4/10/1302447609497/Jens-Lehmann-Arsenal-Blac-007.jpg

Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has hinted that he could yet stay on for another season at the club.

The 41-year-old came out of retirement after he was drafted into the team in March as an injury crisis left only Manuel Almunia available for Arsene Wenger with Wojciech Szczesny and Lukasz Fabianski sidelined.

Lehmann ended up playing one match in his second spell at the club but has hinted that it might not be the last time he appears.

"It was not really a comeback, but more of a last resort - actually more of a hobby," he told German newspaper Bild.

"I took three weeks to get really fit - and then I had to play against Blackpool.

"I thought: 'you can do it still. It is not forgotten'.

"From my performance I would be able to continue playing. My team-mates are always asking me if I'll still be here next season."

Even if the veteran does decide to hang up his gloves for a second time, he could still remain in England as he aims to continue his coaching career.

"I can very well imagine a job in football. First, I'll probably end my trainer course," he added.

"When you have such personalities as Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United and Arsene Wenger at Arsenal, this [England] is the ideal solution."



0 comments:

Post a Comment