Szczesny hoping Wenger doesn’t need to buy

 http://www.just-keepers.com/news/newspictures/large/news-feed-Wojciech-Szczesny.jpg

Wojciech Szczesny hopes he has done enough to convince Arsène Wenger that the Arsenal manager doesn’t need to buy a goalkeeper in the summer.

Wenger has already hinted that he may not require a new acquisition following Szczesny’s remarkable, and somewhat unexpected, rise to prominence this season.

The confident Pole turned 21 on Monday and, after starting the campaign as the third-choice keeper at the Club, admits he is relishing his opportunity to impress on the big stage.

“I'm doing my best,” he said. “Whatever decision the manager makes at the start of next season is completely down to him, but I will do my best to cement my position in goal.

“I will always look at this as my ‘breakthrough’ season and I want to cement my place in the team for a long time.

“Whatever happens this year, next year will be very important for me personally and for Arsenal as well.”

Szczesny returned from the finger injury he sustained in Barcelona to make his first appearance in over a month against Liverpool on Sunday. A smart save from Luis Suarez in the second half coupled with a relatively unflustered afternoon saw him fit seamlessly back into the Arsenal side.

“I still felt a little uncomfortable,” he said. “I wear a special protection but it didn't cause me any trouble against Liverpool.

“I had my finger strapped for four weeks and I couldn't do anything with it. I just prayed for it to be fine after four weeks.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment