Rob rage over Manu stamp

FURIOUS Robin Van Persie has let rip at Emmanuel Adebayor, raging: You set out to hurt me on purpose.


The bloodied ace reckons he was lucky not to have been BLINDED during Man City's fiery clash with the Gunners.



Van Persie was left clutching his face after Adebayor lashed out during City's thrilling 4-2 win.


And he laid into to his former team-mate for deliberately smashing his face.
He fumed: "I am sad and disappointed by my former team-mate Emmanuel Adebayor's mindless and malicious stamp on me during today's match.



"We are both professional footballers and I know that the game is physical, I too have made hard and sometimes mis-timed challenges but never with the intention of hurting an opponent. He set out to hurt me today.


"I knew he was aiming for a collision because he changed the angle of his body to allow contact to be made.


"He moved backwards when his natural momentum would have taken him forward. I find that deeply disrespectful. He has shown a real lack of class today, to me and the fans.


"I do feel lucky that I have not suffered a greater injury. The contact was only centimetres from my eye."

0 comments:

Post a Comment