Fabregas excited over rosicky return


Cesc Fabregas cannot wait to see Tomas Rosicky back in action.

The Czech midfielder has been hampered by injuries to his hamstring tendon and his knee since January 2008 but he returned to full training in May and was one of the first players back for pre-season last week.

The sight of Rosicky limbering up with his team-mates was a heart-warming one and he is now in contention for Arsenal's summer games, which begin with the traditional trip to Barnet on Saturday.

Fabregas and Rosicky are close friends as well as team-mates so the Spaniard knows as well as anyone what the 28-year-old has been through. The Arsenal captain has been amazed by Rosicky's mental fortitude.

"I have spent a lot of time with him and I know how he feels," Fabregas told Arsenal.com.

"I know what he wants and I have never seen a guy being so committed, so professional and never giving up. If this happened to me I probably wouldn't want to talk to anyone, I would be always down and angry. But he's unbelievable and when we see that he will be back next season, he will be strong and hopefully he can help us improve a lot.

"He's the type of player you enjoy playing alongside and as a guy he's amazing. He didn't deserve his injury but I am sure he will come back stronger. I wish him all the best because everyone here at Arsenal loves him a lot.

"I feel sorry for him but I don't need to say that to him, he's my best friend in the team and one of my best friends in football and my life."

Rosicky was a regular in the Arsenal side which challenged strongly for the Premier League title in 2008, striking up a fine understanding with Fabregas and fellow midfielders Mathieu Flamini and Alex Hleb. The Czech is one of the most experienced players in Arsène Wenger's squad and Fabregas believes he still has much to offer.

"He can bring many, many things to the team," said the captain. "He's a guy with a lot of experience, he has won things, he knows how to compete, he's very humble and he works for the team.

"Technically he is one of the best in the world and physically I am sure he will be really strong because he's been working really hard. I am happy because soon he is going to be back and I can't wait to see him playing again."

Source: Arsenal.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment